[Discuss-gnuradio] Triggering USRP at given GPS time from GNU Radio

From: Piotr Krysik
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Triggering USRP at given GPS time from GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:33:45 +0100

Hi all,

Whenever I want to trigger USRP with at given time with use of a GPSDO
I'm adding something like this at the end of a constructor of a topblock
generated by gnuradio-companion:

        if start_time!="":
            self.start_time_epoch =
time.mktime(time.strptime(start_time,'%d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S'))

self.uhd_usrp_source_0.set_start_time(uhd.time_spec_t(self.start_time_epoch))

where start_time is a string parameter containing the time at which the
device should start reception.

The snippet might be useful for others trying to do the same thing.

I want to ask you if there is a way to do better than that and generate
directly in gnuradio-companion a flowgraph that use GPSDO of USRP to
trigger it without having to edit anything manually?

Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik