Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'hamming'
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:04:11 -0500

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 2:17 AM, Abhinav Jadon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi ,
I wrote a Out of Tree module for hamming code using ITPP library . It compiled when i ran the cmake.. , make and make install commands without error . I used the block in a flowgraph and the python script thus generated throws an error while executing it which looks like this .

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/iiitd/Desktop/hamming.py", line 62, in <module>
    tb = hamming()
  File "/home/iiitd/Desktop/hamming.py", line 33, in __init__
    self.wsi_hamming_0 = wsi.hamming(3)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'hamming'

I then checked the $PYTHONPATH and made sure it points to the directory where the files associated with the block are installed during make install ie /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages instead to /opt/qt/lib/python2.7/dist-packages .

It would be really thankful if somebody helps me sort this out .

Thanks
Abhinav Jadon

Did you use gr_modtool to build the OOT project?

Are you sure you are linking against the ITPP library correctly? If you ldd on your resulting .so file, does it show it links properly?

Is your block in Python or in C++?

What version of GNU Radio are you running?

That link you sent goes nowhere.

You can run "gdb --args python hamming.py" to see a backtrace of where the problem is really happening.

Tom