[Discuss-gnuradio] grc and wxpython >=3.0

From: djch-gnuradio
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc and wxpython >=3.0
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 17:45:04 +0000

There are several reports of the wx version of the gnuradio gui not starting
with 3.0 and later wxpython. I believe

http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/16034

confirms that no upstream fix is planned.

I suggest a simple and very ugly work-around:

in  /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/grc/python/flow_graph.tmpl ,
after

self.SetIcon(wx.Icon(_icon_path, wx.BITMAP_TYPE_ANY))

insert

self.Start(start=False)

This seems to work - it should have the necessary graphical elements ready
before the gui blocks are initialised. start=False prevents the thread being
started, a later call to Run() has start=True, and this starts the thread.

(I have the python2-opengl library installed, and this fix works for GNU Radio
Companion 3.7.6)

--David
--
 G8SQH