Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Processing of large numbers of samples

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Processing of large numbers of samples
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:09:40 +0100

Hello Simone,
> Is there a convenctional way to do this?
Yes, there is! Since in a sync block, the numbers of samples you consume
on you rinput and you produce on your output are identical,
you can use set_output_multiple(8192) [1].

If what you're doing feels more like a operation on vectors of samples
instead of an operation on a stream of samples, you could also use a
input signature with an input and output item size of 8192 times the
original item size, and use stream_to_vector[2]before and
vector_to_stream to convert from streams to vectors. A typical example
(and generally a very nice block) is the fft_vcc[3] block, which
encapsulates the FFT, which is a vector operation, mathematically.

Greetings,
Marcus

[1]
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1block.html#a63d67fd758b70c6f2d7b7d4edcec53b3