Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU_to_tagged_stream consumes 100% CPU even thoug

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU_to_tagged_stream consumes 100% CPU even though it is throttled!
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 09:59:32 +0100

Hi,

Yes, this looks like a pretty big issue to me too. 100% CPU spinning
is just not acceptable, ever.

To me it look like all it's missing is a
basic_block::delete_head_blocking with a timeout. Then the
pdu_to_tagged_stream_impl::calculate_output_stream_length could just
use that with a reasonably small timeout (like 100ms or so) so that it
waits on a message but if none comes, it still handout control back to
the caller from time to time (which I think is required for stop() to
work).

Is there anything that wouldn't work with this approach ?

Cheers,

   Sylvain