Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] b210 overflows and huge usb buffer

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] b210 overflows and huge usb buffer
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:23:07 -0500

On 01/12/2015 12:17 PM, Juha Vierinen wrote:
I managed to find a solution to this. I create a ram filesystem (tmpfs) and dump fixed length files there with gnuradio. I then move the files when they are complete to a persistent drive using another script. I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

juha
One of the issues with USB (of any flavour) is that it wasn't designed with bulk performance in mind, really, so you have to kind of stand on your
  head to get it.

Near as I can tell, in the USB driver world (at least on Linux), the driver (via libusb) doesn't buffer the same way that is done in the networking-stack.
  There's no way to configure a seriously-huge buffer for traffic that's in-flight.