Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Locking TopBlock stops WavFile-Sink

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Locking TopBlock stops WavFile-Sink
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 10:58:50 -0500

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Sylvain Munaut <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

> You could try and modify the code to overload the start() function to
> open/reopen the file again (can't say for sure this will be safe with a wav
> file, though). Though probably easiest to create your own block as part of
> any oot module you've built for your projects.

I'd tend to say that the included block should support that. Since
apparently multiple start()/stop() calls by the scheduler is something
blocks should handle gracefully.

I'd assume stop() was made to close the file to ensure the header is
properly written.
But it could just update the header and seek back to the end without
actually closing the file and let the destructor do the close on the
fd.

Cheers,

   Sylvain

This sounds like a good idea.