Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr::log :WARN: udp_source0 - Too much data; dropp

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr::log :WARN: udp_source0 - Too much data; dropping packet.
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 11:57:56 +0100

Hi Anis,
this indicates that the flowgraph downstream from the UDP source is too
slow processing the samples.
Therefore you a) need to make sure that the flow graph is as fast as
possible[0], and/or
b) get a faster computer and/or
c) not directly feed the samples to the flow graph but buffer them to
e.g. a named pipe [1] and read that using a file source, offering you a
much larger buffer.

Greetings,
Marcus

[0] I habitually say the following: Don't ever use a throttle block,
unless you need to throttle the flow of samples, which is almost never
the case (unless you're visualizing signals that you generate artificially)
[1] "man fifo", "man mkfifo"