Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDLC framer

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDLC framer
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 09:54:52 +0100

Hi Daniel,

PMT is short for "polymorphic type" [1].
GNU Radio uses PMTs for stream tags and, more importantly here, for
asynchronous message ports.
So the idea is that you have a source of messages[2], sending your
data to the HDLC framer, which frames it and generates output items.
If you want some illustrated guide through these concept, I'd
recommend the new guided tutorials on gnuradio.org[3] numbers 1 through 5.

Greetings, and happy hacking,
Marcus

[1] http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_pmt.html
[2] http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_msg_passing.html