Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal Source Coherence

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal Source Coherence
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:44:18 +0100

Hi Liwei,

they *should* be coherent, because GNU Radio has no relationship to "real wall-clock time" and just outputs mathematically calculated numbers, just like matlab does. Depending on the number of samples we talk about when you say "over seconds", this might simply be a matter of numerical accuracy -- GNU Radio internally uses (single precision) floating point numbers, and thus the accuracy of the generated frequency might be limited, and so is the accuracy of the phase comparison.

Having a few numbers would be nice here -- how large is your drift in 2pi/sample?

Greetings,
Marcus