Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Request for feature in GRC

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Request for feature in GRC
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 11:51:07 +0100

Achilleas,

Of course, the GRC team is pretty understaffed, and could probably take on a couple more volunteers *cough cough*.

Cheers,

On 01.11.2014 18:49, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
I recently had a problem with GRC where two threads were accessing
a set_variable callback creating some unwanted behaviour
(actually crashing the xmlrpc server).
I fixed it by editing the python file created by GRC and locking the
set_ callback.

I thought that this can be a separate and interesting feature of the
"variable" block in GRC, ie, a selector that selects if the user wants
it to be "protected".
Then a piece of code like below will be generated:

self.lock = threading.Lock()

     def set_variable(self, value):
         self.lock.acquire()
         self.value = value