Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio over Zynq

From: Daniel Camara
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio over Zynq
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:12:19 +0100

Hi, just to register the cause of the error, if can be helpful for others in the future!

The problem was that the module user_peripheral was missing. Apparently when you configure the  it and when you get the  oe manifest with the daisy branch it does not come by default. The ideal is to use the stable branch.

> git clone git://github.com/balister/oe-gnuradio-manifest.git -b stable

moreover, after,you manage to have a bootable card, before trying the example you need to insert the module. For me:
> insmod /lib/modules/3.8.11-xilinx/extra/user_peripheral.ko

Otherwise you will get an null pointer exception when it tries to get the attributes of the device on the line:
   *buffer_length = atol(udev_device_get_sysattr_value(dev, "xx_buf_len"));

Best regards...

    Daniel