Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CFO in OFDM

From: David Halls
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CFO in OFDM
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:19:16 +0000

Thanks Martin,

I dug out the S&C paper and think I'm clear on that, thanks.

I have a currently uncoded system with superimposed QPSKs from multiple sources so it's pretty sensitive! its fine using the Octoclock, though giving 0 BER end-to-end. I also have 32 symbol packets; so fairly long. I've implemented some basic CFO tracking using the pilots which helps.

I think it's residual CFO error causing the issue,  manifesting as rotation of frequency over time, but as it's high SNR this should be small. With tracking and correction the constellation *looks* OK...

I'm going to keep digging around...