Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compiling SWIG python bindings with -builtin opti

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compiling SWIG python bindings with -builtin option
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:03:23 +0100

On 20/10/14 14:06, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> I'll try to have a branch with my changes ready to review soon, so we
> can talk about something more concrete.

Hello,

a short update on the progress of my branch.  So far I haven't
encountered major problems (the progress is limited by my limited free
time and the long compile times). However, I have hit what seems to be a
major limitation / bug of SWIG.

It seems impossible to use both the builtin and keyword options when
wrapping std::vector template classes.  Using the keyword option with
std::vector spits out a number of warning, but produces code that
compiles, adding the builtin option the code does not compile anymore.

At the beginning I simply dropped the keyword option, but now I hit some
tests that require methods wrapped with it, so I'm investigation what
may be a possible solution / workaround.

Cheers,
Daniele