Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] log2() missing in MSVC v16

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] log2() missing in MSVC v16
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:02:46 +0200

"Tom Rondeau" <address@hidden> wrote:

Also, considering that Windows XP is an unsupported operating system from
Microsoft, we don't have much of an incentive to track it or keep things
updated there.

There isn't much in Gr that absolutely needs Win-Vista+. Except
for GetThreadId() which I really have little idea why is needed. But
this function could be emulated on pre-Vista.

If your patches are trivial and don't bother anything else,
then sure. But it looks like your patch here just shoves in the log2
without regard for whether or not log2 actually exists on the system.

According to:
 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh308239(v=vs.110).aspx

log2() is available in VC 2012 onwards. So an #ifdef could test
for '_MSC_VER <= 1600' I believe.

--gv