[Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: QTGui Number Sink, Demodulation Problems

From: Jason Noble
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: QTGui Number Sink, Demodulation Problems
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 05:30:12 +0900

The purpose of my current experiments is to create a 16QAM transmitter and receiver, with UDP sources/sinks, and using bladeRFx40's to transmit/receive.

I'm using Number sinks to check values at various points of my flowgraph. If I use a constant source value of 1, a float input type to a Number sink displays a "1", but a byte input type displays a "0". This is problematic because I'm trying to troubleshoot the QAM demodulator which has an output type of byte.

I've got Number sinks throughout the flowgraph. The source, modulator, and polyphase clock all output correct values for samples/symbols of "1111" but the demodulator is giving outputs of "0".

Are these bugs, or am I doing something wrong?
Also, I tried replacing the QAM mod/demod blocks with 8PSK blocks and still have the save problem.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.