[Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for 802.11 MAC & PHY Package

From: Zhang, Jiayi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for 802.11 MAC & PHY Package
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 15:47:37 -0400

Dear Marcus and all,

Many thanks for the advice regarding the Hydra and ORBIT project.

Actually I'm looking for the open-source 802.11 PHY&MAC packages which are compatible with Recent GNU Radio and USRP N210/X310.

I've searched from internet and got some findings listed below:
1) Hydra PHY & MAC from University of Texas at Austin [1]
2) FTW IEEE802.11a/g/p OFDM Frame Encoder [2]
3) UWICORE m-HOP 802.11 MAC for USRP based on the FTW PHY [3]
*** All (1-3) only compatible with gnuradio-3.2.2 which was too many years ago.

4) WIME IEEE 802.11a/g/p Transceiver for GNU Radio v3.7 [3]
*** This is a most recent package for gnuradio 3.7, but is PHY only. Are there any MAC package which compatible with this WIME PHY?

5) ORBIT Project [5]
*** This is a huge project which can be studied. Are there any project provide both 802.11 MAC & PHY like Hydrd did before?

Best regards,
Jiayi

[1] K. Mandke, Soon-Hyeok Choi, Gibeom Kim, R. Grant, R. Daniels, Wonsoo Kim, R. W. Heath, Jr., and S. Nettles, “Early Results on Hydra: A Flexible MAC/PHY Multihop Testbed,” Proc. of IEEE Vehicular Tech. Conf. , pp. 1896-1900, Dublin, Ireland, April 23 – 25, 2007.
[3] J.R. Gutierrez-Agullo, B. Coll-Perales and J. Gozalvez, "An IEEE 802.11 MAC Software Defined Radio Implementation for Experimental Wireless Communications and Networking Research", Proceedings of the 2010 IFIP/IEEE Wireless Days (WD'10), 20-22 October 2010, Venice (Italy).
[4] Bastian Bloessl, Michele Segata, Christoph Sommer and Falko Dressler, "An IEEE 802.11a/g/p OFDM Receiver for GNU Radio," Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2013, 2nd ACM SIGCOMM Workshop of Software Radio Implementation Forum (SRIF 2013), Hong Kong, China, August 2013, pp. 9-16.