Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sample rate

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sample rate
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:11:18 +0200

The question is ill-formed, the concept of a 'sampling rate' does not
really apply here.

However, to an item rate, you can do the math yourself:

Assume N is the FFT length, and CP the length of cyclic prefix in
samples. r is the incoming sampling rate.

First, data goes through the HPD, which takes out the CP. The outgoing
rate of that block is thus

r2 = (N+CP)/N * r

Actually, it's output is already OFDM symbols ("FFT-ready"). So, the
output item rate is

r3 = r2/N

Then, the packet header is removed. This further reduces the rate, but
let's ignore that. It's also dependent on the packet length.

Since the FFT doesn't change the rate, what you want is most likely r3.