Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mulitple USRP Stream Confusion

From: Daigle, Andrew - 1008 - MITLL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mulitple USRP Stream Confusion
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 12:54:30 +0000

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the response.

I should have mentioned that the subdev spec was set to A:A B:A because I am
using the basic RX boards. Trying "0:A 0:B" instead gives the following error:
"0:A is not a valid rx subdevice specification on mboard 0. possible values
are: [A:AB, A:BA, A:A, A:B, B:AB, B:BA, B:A, B:B]."

Your suggestion to set the channel as 0,1,2,3 seemed to work perfectly (not
sure how I missed that) as now I am getting four complex shorts out of my setup
(an example of what is now in the buffer is shown below):

(-3,-2)(3,0)(-1,0)(1,0)
(2,-1)(0,0)(-3,0)(-2,0)
(3,5)(1,0)(-1,0)(-1,0)
(4,-2)(-4,0)(-1,0)(2,0)

In getting the channels to stream however, I ran across another strange
occurrence. After looking at the FFT data it appears as though the following
commands only set the frequency of the first channel:

uhd::tune_request_t tune_request(freq);
usrp->set_rx_freq(tune_request);

Channels 1,2, and 3 all show single peaks centered at 0 Hz in the FFT window. I
was able to correct this by directly setting the frequency of each channel
independently (as shown below) , but I was under the impression that when you
create the usrp devices to begin with it should apply commands across all
channels?

uhd::tune_request_t tune_request(freq);
usrp->set_rx_freq(tune_request, 0);
usrp->set_rx_freq(tune_request, 1);
usrp->set_rx_freq(tune_request, 2);
usrp->set_rx_freq(tune_request, 3);

Thanks again! This is really a great product and I look forward to getting more
acquainted with what it can do.

-Andrew