[Discuss-gnuradio] Mulitple USRP Stream Confusion

From: Daigle, Andrew - 1008 - MITLL
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mulitple USRP Stream Confusion
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 20:01:20 +0000

Hello!

I am having trouble trying to create a continuous stream of complex shorts from multiple (2) X310 USRPs (each running 2 channels) over a single 1gigE switch (at a very low sampling rate); currently it appears as though I can only stream from one USRP at a time and I can't seem to figure out why. I should note I don't have this problem running each USRP on its own dedicated network (but unfortunately that won't be possible moving forward).

To date, I have been using the rx_multi_samples example provided with UHD (source 003.007.002). I don’t seem to have any issue connecting to both USRPs and setting the parameters via the args=”addr0=192.168.10.2, addr1=192.168.10.3” command. It is just that when I call rx_stream->recv only the lights on the USRP which was listed first in args turn on.
The subdev spec and channel selection for each USRP is set to "A:A B:A" and "0,1" and the incoming data from rx_stream is two channels of complex shorts (not 4 like I would expect from 2 USRPs).

Do I have to initiate the streams differently or am I missing something?

Thanks!

-Andrew