[Discuss-gnuradio] inserting code into top_block.py

From: Ryan Marlow
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] inserting code into top_block.py
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:01:27 -0400

Hey All,
I'm trying to figure out if what I want to do is possible in GNU Radio Companion or if there's a better way to achieve this functionality.
I have some code that I want to execute after all the blocks and connections have been initialized in the top_block init()but before the tb.Start(). Is there some way I can create a custom block that inserts code into top_block.py at that point or inserts the code at the end of the init()? I currently have my code running in gnuradio-runtime, but I want to have this same functionality without altering the gnuradio trunk code, hence why I'm thinking of a custom block that can insert the code where I want.
Thanks,
Ryan Marlow

--
Ryan L. Marlow