Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building GNURadio

From: Tom Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building GNURadio
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 14:13:11 -0700

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Michal Jakubiak <address@hidden> wrote:
> In my original post I was referring to this discussion:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2014-08/msg00207.html
> The output I've put in my first post already used these flags. That was for
> GR 3.7.5
> I've used distcc to speed up the compilation, but it failed. I'm leaving the
> BBB for the night to compile 3.7.4 on it's own, just in case if distcc
> messed something up. If that doesn't work, I guess my next few questions
> will concern cross compiling and the contents of SDK ;)

I just compiled master-6e1207475b6942a3 natively on Arndale-Linaro
with the following settings. Note the change of CMAKE_ASM-ATT_FLAGS to
CMAKE_ASM_FLAGS to match the previously mentioned cmake commit.

cmake ../ -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork
-mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mtune=cortex-a15"
-DCMAKE_ASM_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard
-mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mtune=cortex-a15"

In this case, the native gnuradio build in tmpfs took a very
reasonable, IMO, 42 min 31 sec.

  -TT