Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing medium-to-large flow-graphs in GRC now *a

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing medium-to-large flow-graphs in GRC now *agonizing* slow
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:20:45 -0400

That is spectacularly counter-intuitive

On 2014-09-10 14:16, Mike Jameson wrote:

Moving about the blocks in a simple GRC flowgraph is very sluggish when my processor is set to 'Performance' or 'Ondemand'.

When set to 'Powersave', moving about a block in exactly the same flowgraph works super fast again!

The CPU frequency changer I'm using on my installation of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64 is called 'indicator-cpufreq' and if installed and run you will be able to access these different processor speed options:

sudo apt-get install indicator-cpufreq

The speed is confirmed with 'cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "cpu MHz"' to be 800MHz on 'Powersave' and 2201MHz on 'Performance'.

It would be interesting to know if you are seeing the same behaviour.

Mike

--
Mike Jameson M0MIK BSc MIET
Email: address@hidden