Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'block_name'
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:35:35 -0400

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Simone Ciccia S210664 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I created a C++ block with gr_modtool,
following the commands:

$ gr_modtool newmod PWagc
$ gr_modtool add -t general power_control

I written and compiled my block with commands:

$cmake ../ && make && sudo make install && sudo ldconfig

Until this point all seems ok, but when I open gnuradio and try to simulate
my block...
the following error appears:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/simone/Scrivania/top_block.py", line 261, in <module>
    tb = top_block(address=options.address)
  File "/home/simone/Scrivania/top_block.py", line 153, in __init__
    self.PWagc_power_control_0 = PWagc.power_control(0.001, 0.25)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'power_control'

I'm not able to understand from which this error derive...
If needed, I can attach the _impl.cc etc... files.

My gnuradio version is the 3.7.4 and
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages,
in this last folder I can see the installed gr-PWagc directory.

Someone can help me please?
If additional information are needed, please ask me... I'm blocked here!

Thanks,
Simone Ciccia

We've been seeing this issue from a few people recently. I can't duplicate the problem. I just did exactly what you did above, though the work function doesn't actually do anything.

Are you potentially adding some interface setter or getter to the class and not putting it in all the right places (pure virtual in the public header, then again in the private header, and implemented in the source file)?

Have you added QA code? In qa_power_control.py, just add a line to the test function to create the PWagc.power_control(x,y) and see if it works there.

Tom