Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion missing source

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion missing source
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:00:38 +0200

Hi George,

in that case, you'll have to install gr-osmosdr [1].
To use your hackRF, you'll also need libhackrf [err.. google.].
you can now take the following routes:

a) install gnuradio-dev from ubuntu,
download, build and install libhackrf (installing all tools and
development libraries necessary yourself),
then download, build and install gr-osmosdr against the Ubuntu GNU
Radio package

or

b) uninstall Ubuntu's gnuradio package (!), download pyBOMBS[2], and
doing
./pybombs install gr-osmosdr
which should automagically download, build (if no suitable binary
package is available) and install all the necessary components.

Greetings,
Marcus

[1] http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GrOsmoSDR
[2] http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki/QuickStart