Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setup process for B210 with GNURadio -- device de

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setup process for B210 with GNURadio -- device detection issue
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:03:35 +0200

Hi Steve,

two things before I go into detail:
* Doing high performance signal processing in a VM is problematic, and USB3 support of virtualizers is patchy to say the least. Also, considerable computational overhead might be added when virtualizing USB devices, but that really depends on how VirtualBox works internally (which I don't know).

This has happened to me, too. However, I was able to get things running by simply executing the b2xx_fx3_utils tool, which is probably installed somewhere like /usr/lib/uhd/utils on your system.

Please do report back (to usrp-users) if you were able to fix the issue, and which USB3 controller (if you're using one at all) you're using; there are a lot of chipsets with faulty USB3 implementations, which is not something the B2x0 can fix...

Greetings,
Marcus