Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New GR Tutorials Posted

From: jmfriedt
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New GR Tutorials Posted
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 13:41:26 +0200

I am completing a summary of this summer's experiments including
* decoding weather satellite and the opportunity to introduce
channelized decoding (Frequency Xlating FIR Filter)
* since satellites are not often visible at my latitude, application
to POCSAG which is easier to grab, and most significantly using the
pipe output to another decoding program as shown on YouTube by A. Csete,
* understanding the processing load of the firdes tap generating
function and comparison of the generated FIR coefficients with those
provided by GNU/Octave (firls function),
* comparison of the sensitivity of the various DVB-T receivers (at the
moment still quite qualitative -- I should find a protocol to quantify
this sensitivity in the lab -- any advice would be welcome).

This is all on the receiver side, no transmission/signal generation
other than simulation using the noise source.

At the moment the draft is still in French (if any French speaking
audience wants to have a quick look: jmfriedt.free.fr/sdr2.pdf). This
is still ongoing work targeted to be completed by beginning of October,
by which time I'll have translated it to English.

JM