[Discuss-gnuradio] reset() for probe_avg_mag_sqrd

From: Stefan Oltmanns
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] reset() for probe_avg_mag_sqrd
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 19:50:19 +0200

Hello,

my application is monitoring the RF level and often changeing the
frequency. Unfortunately it takes some time for probe_avg_mag_sqrd to
adjust to the new RF level (about 2 seconds if old level -10dB and new
level -40dB).
I found out the the iir-filter probe_avg_mag_sqrd uses has a reset
function, so all I did was adding a reset-function in probe_avg_mag_sqrd
to call it and it seems so work fine.
Is there any reason probe_avg_mag_sqrd doesn´t have a reset function
yet? Is there some problem I don´t see?
In case not, could that be added in official GNURadio? Otherwise my
application would only work with modified GNURadio (or I would need to
include my modified probe_avg_mag_sqrd with a new name in my
appliaction). I would prefer to have this feature in official GNURadio,
as it´s probably useful for somebody else as well.

Best regards
Stefan

Note: I´m not sending a patch because it´s just 3 lines of code and I
don´t know Python, so somebody else would have to complete it anyway.