[Discuss-gnuradio] Re Spectrum sensing Simulation Only

From: Bogale, Tadilo Endeshaw
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re Spectrum sensing Simulation Only
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:48:56 -0400

Hello Martin

Thank you for the help. I try to run "specest_noisy_sinusoid_mtm.py" (Python
script is also okey for me). However it does not run "it says no module
specest".

By the way I am using windows 8 OS.

My goal is is to write a simple python or gnuradio code to perform the
following task

I have the following variables

NFFT=1024
Nav=512
ampl=1
seed=1
Sampling_rate= 10k

1. Generate any real time signal (This could be done by using
"gr.noise_source_f (gr.GR_GAUSSIAN, ampl, seed1)).

2. Insert throttle to control the sampling rate (i.e., gr.throttle(1,
Sampling_rate))

3. Compute the FFT (even without windowing) (i.e., NFFT samples at a time)

    Let me assume that after I compute FFT and I got an "x" vector of size NFFT

4. Compute the square magnitude of x (This could be done by using
gr.complex_to_mag_squared(NFFT))

i.e., in matlab y=abs(x).^2

4. sum the first and second Nav samples

i.e., av1=sum(y(1:512))/Nav and
       av2=sum(y(513:1024))/Nav

5. Then display "av1" and "av2" in a text box continuously.

Note that in matlab (without GUI it is very easy task)

And I feel that there should be some simple approach to do it in GNUradio

Thank you again for your help

---
Tadilo Endeshaw
 Postdoctoral Researcher
 Institut National de recherche Scientifique
 Centre Energie Matriaux Telecommunications
 Place Bonaventure,
 800 de la Gauchetiere Ouest, Suite 6900
 H5A 1K6
 Montreal, QC