Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What do Packet Encoder and Packet Decoder do?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What do Packet Encoder and Packet Decoder do?
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:24:54 -0400

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM, Nguyễn Văn Lý <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what do Packet Encoder and Packet Decoder blocks do? and it would be great if you can give me some example :-)
Thanks in advance

Van-Ly

These are very simple example blocks to show you how to packetize data. Packet bytes go in, they get wrapped into a packet of a given payload length with a header, access code, and preamble. The header is just a 2x repetition of the payload length (16 bits for each field). Leaving the preamble and access code blank just chooses the defaults.

The decoder just looks for the access code with the number of available bits wrong. When it's found, it reads the header to get the payload length, extracts the payload, and outputs the payload.

Hope this helps.

Tom