Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to split an image or video into a number of p

From: Jawad Seddar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to split an image or video into a number of packets?
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:49:52 +0200

Hi,

If I understand correctly you want to stream a video from one node to the other. You could use VLC for that and UDP source and sink in GNU Radio.

Basically use a UDP Source on the sender side and use VLC to stream a video to the UDP source's port.
On the receiver side, use a UDP Sink and use another instance of VLC to receive a stream for the UDP sink's port.

Hi all,

I want to transmit an image/video from one node to another node using GNUradio, but I don't know how to divide an image or video into multiple packets. I want to make it real time in the sense that an image/video is loaded, divided in to multiple packets and then transmitted continuously. Can any one tell me how to do this in GNUradio?
Thank you very much
Van-Ly

Van-Ly Nguyen,
Signals and Systems of Laboratory - SSL
Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications - FET
University of Engineering and Technology - UET
Vietnam National University, Hanoi - VNU