Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Posting messages from outside the work function i

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Posting messages from outside the work function in Python
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:21:19 -0400

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Michal Jakubiak <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to write a block in Python that is a message source (no IO ports, only message port). I've found a few examples in C++ of blocks that don't do signal processing and don't rely on the work() function, but what would be the equivalent in python? If it is possible, how would I handle posting messages without relying on the work() function?

BR,
Michal

Here are some examples:

https://github.com/jmalsbury/gr-mac/blob/master/python/packet_framer.py