Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] state of offline signal analysis tools in 2014?

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] state of offline signal analysis tools in 2014?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 08:00:15 -0400

On 7/16/14 10:52 AM, Peter A. Bigot wrote:
GNU Radio is a great tool for applications and dynamic experimentation,
but it doesn't have a lot of support for static/offline analysis of
time-series data.  I.e. I've captured some signal data and I want to
explore its properties interactively so I can figure out what I want to
do with it in GNU Radio.

The sort of capabilities I'm looking for include: Read time-series data
from files of different formats (some too large to fit in physical
memory).  Display the data, optionally applying linear transformations.
Interactively pan and zoom.  Jump forwards and backwards among
time-registered events.  Enable/disable/time-shift data overlays. Export
selected data to new files.  Calculate and display statistics and other
non-linear transformations of selected data.

If you have access to a Mac, DataGraph has much of this.  We use it
a lot to interactively manipulate large quantities of logged data.

http://www.visualdatatools.com/DataGraph/