Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] gr-radar: Dual CW Radar and Tracking Algor

From: Stefan Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] gr-radar: Dual CW Radar and Tracking Algorithms
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 12:00:49 +0200

I'm not sure in which way you mean 'related to'.

The range is not measured with the EIRP. The difference of the
dopplerpeak phases of the two CW signals is proportional to the target
range. This way you get the target range!

A higher EIRP makes the detection easier because you have higher
backscattered power but it do not change your estimated target range.

Furthermore your maximum detection range is also not really dependent on
EIRP. The maximum range is given by the difference of the dopplerpeak
phases equal to 2*pi because a target with a greater range than the
maximum range doesnt differ from a target of the range R modulus R_max.

Greetings!