[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #6

From: Alfredo Muniz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #6
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:11:37 -0700

Hello all,

Logistical:
- GSoC students don't forget to provide a quick update at the dev call July 17th 1700 UTC
- One month left until pencils down

Progress:
- I was able to open the FFTC driver handle successfully so I can now send it data! I used a different approach that does communication with the FFTC through the DSP cores so first need to write a little test then I need to figure out the ARM<==>DSP communication through their resource manager system. It should be painless from here on out since I'm now debugging reasonable errors instead of crazy memory descriptor dma allocation errors. I plan to update the wiki soon and push some code this week/weekend.

- Took a thorough look at the CppUnit testing suite to better understand the qa done in the runtime in an effort to make hacking runtime easier. Will release my notes before the call on thursday.

Thanks everyone for the guidance.