Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No 'source' in Gnuradio Companion

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No 'source' in Gnuradio Companion
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 18:13:06 -0400

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Andre-John Mas <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I have just installed gnuradio companion on MacOS X, by means of MacPorts, in the hope of using it with rtl-sdr. The issue is I don't see any 'source' item available for me to specify my input, when I look at the right hand pane. Is there something I should have configured or where I can find this?

André-John

Have you installed gr-osmosdr as well? GNU Radio does not come with support for the rtl-sdrs, so you need to install that as an external package.

You can also use the Find feature (Ctrl+f) to search for specific blocks you're looking for instead of trying to figure out what category they are under.

Tom