[Discuss-gnuradio] GNURADIO QUESTIONS

From: Simone Ciccia S210664
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURADIO QUESTIONS
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 11:46:05 +0200

Goodmorning,
I'm a PhD student working with gnuradio in ubuntu.
The motivation for which I need to write is regarded to how gnuradio treats
a project flow graph to make it as an application program, I have searched
over internet and various forum but I have not find nothing.

Consider that I have a gnuradio flow graph that works fine, and also, I
have the top_block.py that works fine, when imparting ./top_block.py from
the terminal.

My questions:

Is "top_block.py" my final application program? ( for example, is the
executable ".exe" file equivalent in windows )

I would use this file as an independent program, running it in an other pc
where gnuradio is not installed, is it possible? or Have I need some tools
( for example, at least python installed ).

Last, Is it possible to estimate the execution time of a specific block in
a gnuradio flow graph?

If there are documentation that I have missed in the net, please give me
the reference...
I think for you these are simple questions, but I'm at the beginning and
gnuradio is a beautiful environment, I will learn!

Thank you for your help in advance,

Sincerely,
Simone Ciccia,
PhD student,