[Discuss-gnuradio] Arbitrary ADC resolution at the receiver

From: Leonardo S. Cardoso
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Arbitrary ADC resolution at the receiver
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:37:01 +0200

Hello everyone,

I excuse myself on advance by my noob question...

I have an N210 with an SBX front end, and I want to experiment with decoding signals at a lower resolution, rather than the default 12 bits provided by the N210 ADCs. Does anyone know if (and how) can I limit the resolution of the ADCs arbitrarily?

I am aware that I can reduce the resolution afterwards, mapping the signals to a lower resolution in base band, but I'd really like to do that before the DDC at the FPGA.

Cheers to everyone!

Leonardo S. Cardoso