Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Control Port : Ctrlport Key called with unregiste

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Control Port : Ctrlport Key called with unregistered key
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:55:10 -0400

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Shashank Sinha <address@hidden> wrote:
I re-installed UHD drivers, GNU Radio as well as gr-foo and gr-ieee80211 . I started to run the transmitter with Performance Monitor but got the following error:

ctrlport-monitor: radio.get threw exception (math domain error).

I tried looking for an explanation online but was unsuccessful. Any ideas to the reason for the error. I am pretty sure it is not related to gr-ieee80211.

Specs:
GNU Radio - 3.7.3
UHD Driver - 3.7.1
RF Front-End - NI USRP- 2920
OS - Ubuntu 12.04

Are you running gr-ctrlport-monitor from the command line or using the GRC block?

If using this the latter way, I've noticed this happening on very complex flowgraphs. I think it basically makes a call to the flowgraph that the flowgraph doesn't properly respond to or provides a 0 result. If you launch the flowgraph first and then call the gr-ctrlport-monitor from the command line in a terminal, instead, the problem should go away.

Also, you could try running a simpler flowgraph just to verify that this and the performance monitor tool are working in a more controlled experiment.

Also, can you get the line number for where the assertion is coming from? It'd be good if we could put a check in there to prevent it from crashing like this.

Thanks,
Tom