Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduling a block even with no input items RE: F

From: David Halls
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduling a block even with no input items RE: Flow graph blocking when doing 2x1 transmission
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 13:59:13 +0000

Hey Martin,

Good to hear from you as always. Gnuradio scheduling baffles me more than anything else on this planet. The day I get my head around it will be a happy day indeed. :0

The problem with using 'sob', 'eob' is because I have two inputs to the USRP UHD sink. One is constantly transmitting and has items coming in from time=0, but the other has no input items from time=0, they only arrive later on. As a result the sink seems to block waiting for items on *both* inputs before it will transmit anything. I don't want the USRP to have to wait for the second stream to be populated before it transmits anything...

I thought 'forecast' may help me out, but wasn't sure what to put in the function to make it schedule even when there are no input items?

David