Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] header_payload_demux

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] header_payload_demux
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:31:41 +0200

> The second question is:I see the fft block,it has one option:shift,and
you set yes.
The FFT block is able to shift the left half of your vector to the end.
It's basically identical to the fftshift function in Matlab: With shift,
f=0 is the middle bin (and not the first one) .

> And now I want to save the data to file and analyse the data by matlab.
> In the transmit maybe ifft(fftshift(symbol))

ifft(Ifftshift()), iff you want to have the pre-fft data.

> but in the receive what command?
What receiver?
You don't really tell us how and under what aspect you want to analyze the
data; this seems to more of an communications engineering/design question, than
GNU Radio-related?

> I see maybe you don't use the pilot in the receive part. Am I right?

Sorry, I did not understand. Receive part of what? So long, we have only been
talking about header_payload_demux, which does exactly that: demuxing packet
header and payload.

I think that generally you are on a good way of analyzing what the individual
blocks do!
I think it would be easier for us to understand you, if you asked only one or
two questions in the same mail and explained more exactly what you are
considering.

Greetings,
Marcus