Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] importing blocks to GRC

From: Alfredo Muniz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] importing blocks to GRC
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 09:28:54 -0700

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 5:13 AM, Pengyu Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:
I also think some configurations on my machine are not correct

Let's simplify the problem even more. It should be the case that when you place a xml file in /usr/local/share/gnuradio/blocks/ it will show up in GNU Radio Companion regardless of if you actually made the block. Do a sudo cp on howto_square2_ff.xml. Then open up GNU Radio and see if you can find the HOWTO category and the square block.

If that doesn't work, GNU Radio is likely searching somewhere else for new blocks similar to this problem http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/Cannot-see-my-custom-blocks-in-GRC-td45780.html since your versions match. I recommend updating.