Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is Simple Framer and Simple Correllator blocks wi

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is Simple Framer and Simple Correllator blocks will synchronize my data?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 09:51:47 +0200

Hi Irfan,

you can't remove a filter delay.

If all of your sync is working, the packet encoder/decoder is probably what you want to use -- although I think I remember you've tried that before...? In any case, to get rid of transients, prepend a preamble to your signal. As for the simple_* blocks, I don't think they work well over lossy channels (the packet decoder will allow some slack w.r.t. bit errors).

Cheers,