Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Facebook

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Facebook
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 09:19:53 -0400

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Matthew Biederman <address@hidden> wrote:
I hope the listserv will continue to also serve that purpose for those of us not entwined within the Facebook ecosystem (yes there are some of us out there)

-matthew

Matthew,

Please read Martin's response. The facebook page, while potentially useful, is not an official part of GNU Radio. The core dev team doesn't spend much time with any of the other services out there with GNU Radio pages/communities since we try not to fracture the location of questions and answers. They might each serve a separate purpose for the interest of community building in different niches of the Internet, but we are focused on this mailing list, gnuradio.org, and our github repo for gnuradio.git.

Tom

Apologies. Martin wrote to just a few of us and not on the mailing list.

We'll probably have more about this later, but rest assured that the we are not planning on moving attention away from the mailing list.

Tom