Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Extra line in a module with python blocks

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Extra line in a module with python blocks
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 09:13:56 -0400

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Michal Jakubiak <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there,

I'm writing an OOT module. For now, the only block I've made is written in Python.
I follow the guide and everythins is ok until I run the top_block and get this error:

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mavlink/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
    from mavlink_swig import *

FYI, "mavlink" is the name of my module.

Now, if I comment that line out everything seems to work fine. Is this a serious issue or can I just go on using it this way?

I believe this issue has been corrected in recent weeks (Marcus Mueller I think handled it for us). No, if you just have Python blocks, then you do not require the "from xxx_swig import *" line, so you should be fine. Just remember that you've done this if you ever add a C++ block to your project.

Tom