Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ice-related Build Problem

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ice-related Build Problem
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:05:47 -0400

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Dan CaJacob <address@hidden> wrote:
Running find to search for the missing library does find it at:

/usr/lib64/libIce.so.35

Very Respectfully,

Dan CaJacob

Wait, why do you have a lib64 on an Ubuntu machine? But, we do check in lib64, so that shouldn't be the problem. However, package management is not one of ZeroC's strong suits, as Philip and I can attest to with the OE recipe work... And finding the libraries is a pain as well.

Do you have /usr/include/Ice*? And specifically, /usr/include/IceUtil/Config.h. We use that to test if the Ice dev files are there, and if so, extract the version number from it.

Things seem to be completely different for Ice 3.4 and Ice 3.5 and on different versions of Ubuntu as well as other distros. It's kind of a mess. Can you get the CMake output for me? For the latest Ice 3.5 cmake script, there's a lot more output info to see what's happening.

Tom