Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MSF/DCF/RBU Time Station Receiver Implementation

From: madengr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MSF/DCF/RBU Time Station Receiver Implementation
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:28:11 -0700 (PDT)

Iain Young, G7III wrote
> I lashed up a quick Goertzel filter at 250Hz, and re-tuned so I was
> 250Hz off from MSF. Hacked up some code to actually decode the
> output of GRC to the timecode bits for MSF. It decodes perfectly,
> even without parity checking!

Thank you for the post.  I was experimenting with WWVB reception also and
will have to try this for NDB DX reception.  What advantage does the
Goertzel filter have as opposed to just using a narrow band FIR?  I see you
still have to specify the 250 Hz offset in the filter, so I assume it
doesn't help with detection if you drift off frequency.

Thanks,
Lou
KD4HSO