Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Post Binary Slicer question

From: madengr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Post Binary Slicer question
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 07:19:58 -0700 (PDT)

I guess I'm confused then.  I'm using the hex FIFO dump as I described to
examine AX.25 packets one bit at a time.  Since the output of the slicer is
a byte whose LSB is the only thing you are interested in, I believe you can
use the unpacked-to-packed block to strip off the LSB from 8 bytes and pack
those into a single byte; at least I'm using packed-to-unpacked to feed a
binary file to a modulator so the reverse should work.  Run that into a FIFO
and dump with xxd - bits.  Baudline is also handy for visually scrolling
through the binary stream, although it's visually irritating with only one
sample per symbol.

Lou

Jay Radcliffe wrote