Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Best way to output decoded data to user

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Best way to output decoded data to user
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:35:41 +0200

On 04/15/2014 06:14 AM, Francois Gervais wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out the best way to print the decoded data
> information of packets (received through gnuradio) to the user. File
> outputs are not really user friendly so I'm thinking of using a message
> queue out of my decoding block connected to the WX GUI Terminal Sink.

Generally: Don't use a message queue. Also, I recommend not adding any
WX widgets, unless you hate QT, because we're trying to move away from them.

The message passing interface might be a better choice, but the idea in
general is very good.

> Is this a good approach? I'm thinking it might not since I can't find
> any design using the terminal sink on the net.
>
> If this is the right path could someone point me to an easy example of
> using the message queue. I'd like to do a quick proof of concept and
> output something like "hello world" on the terminal sink.

Have a look at the message_debug code. It does most of what you want,
but not in a widget, just on the console.

Martin