Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New GRC behavior request for comment

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New GRC behavior request for comment
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 08:53:19 -0400

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Koslowski, Sebastian (CEL) <address@hidden> wrote:
Same here. Thanks for reporting. I pushed a fix to the GRCWG repo,
should make it into the mainline soon.

Sebastian

I just merged and pushed Sebastian's quick fix for the issue.

Tom

On 04/11/2014 04:27 AM, Dan CaJacob wrote:
> I think this change might be breaking a few things.  If anyone else can
> check, please let me know if I'm nuts:
>
> I am running v3.7.4git-95-g24191d86 on Ubuntu 13.10 x64.  In GRC, when I
> try to change the type associated with a block via the select box, it
> changes (and the text turns blue), but when I close the parameter
> window, nothing actually changes.  I also saw similar behavior with
> combo boxes.  In that case, selecting an option did not take, but
> overwriting it did.
>
> Very Respectfully,
>
> Dan CaJacob
>

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/10/2014 04:13 PM, Ed Criscuolo wrote:
>

>         How hard would it be to pop up a bother box if you attempt
>         to enter with outstanding parameter error(s).  Give you
>         a chance to confirm or cancel the enter, because you may want to
>         deliberately enter something that's wrong now but will be
>         fixed later (for instance a variable name that you haven't
>         created yet).
>
>     I certainly like the "evaluate when you leave the box" paradigm, but
>     I'm also the kind of developer who will enter a variable name, etc, that
>       hasn't actually been created yet.
>
>     --
>     Marcus Leech
>     Principal Investigator
>     Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium
>     http://www.sbrac.org

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Sebastian Koslowski
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-46275
Fax:   +49 721 608-46071
Email: address@hidden
Web:   http://www.cel.kit.edu/

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and National
Research Center of the Helmholtz Association